Monday, June 16, 2008

Photos

This is Yaffet, Cristian, and Yescenia. The big guy is a member. He helps us out all the time. He baptized Yescenia and I baptized the others. Cristian is 17 and already is talking about serving a mission.


These little people are always carrying so much wood up the mountain and I can never understand how they do it. I feel bad for them so I end up carrying the wood while Elder Castillo talks to them.



They always carry it on the heads too. I am always trying to be part of there culture so I wanted to try it on my head.


This is a little orphan kid that wanted me to throw him in the air. Look closely at his face, he is so happy.



It doesn't matter how poor you are most everyone has a bird just like this. And check out the part in my hair.



There are piles of trash like this all over the place. They just randomly bring it together. Then burn it in the road or where ever it is. There are always pigs, cows, dogs, chickens and little kids picking through it. At first I was like there is no way that kid is looking for food he would die if he ate any of that. The kids are looking for any pieces of metal or plastic they can scrap for money.


1 comment:

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

If I were you I would not have carried the sticks on my head. Sure the ladies needed some help but I bet it totally messed up the part in your hair! My missionary part was sacred man.