Monday, June 23, 2008

Catracho

I say Catracho because this week I felt like a real Honduran. The people from Honduras call themselves Catratros. The lady who washes my clothes couldn't wash our clothes this week because there was no water. So I was wearing the same clothes for 3 1/2 days. And I didn't get to shower for 2 1/2 days. I smelled so bad and was so dirty. It was a very hot week. I never get a break from the heat. At night I come home and I will right in my journal as I'm writing sweat drips onto my journal and smears the letters. I sweat this bad even when I have a big fan on me like all night. At night I hear gun shots. Like once a week I wake up to gun shot in the middle of the night. I thought this would be cool but it's not. It is scary and when I wake up I realize how hot I am.

This is in my area. On P-day the whole zone got together and we walked up to Coca-a-Cola Mountain. There is this huge mountain and on it is this giant Coca-a-Cola sign that you can see from anywhere is San Pedro Sula.




This is Elder Veamatahau and I standing on the C looking out over all of San Pedro Sula


This is my zone at the top of Coca-a-Cola Mountain.


This is my tan line. I have never had tan lines in my life. It's the same on my arms


This is us doing some service. We are digging a hole for someone's bathroom, because right now they just go outside anywhere they can find. Behind me is Elder Veamatahau. He is from Tonga and he wants me to give him Jari's address. He wants to marry her. So ask Jari if I can give him her address. He wants to write her.


These are all the orphan kids we play futbol with. They are really good and play bare foot. We play them once a month. The first time they won. Then the second time we won.




3 comments:

Jari said...

Blake Russ!!

Johnny says that these comments get forwarded to you, so I'm giving it a shot. It is so funny that you mentioned Tongans, because I was just telling my friend about how much I wanted to marry a polynesian (you remember those talks I take it?) anyway I wrote you a couple of letters already that had my address on it, but I guess they haven't made it to you yet. You can just tell this Elder Veamatahau guy that he can totally write me, just have him send a letter to the house.

Anyway, how is Honduras? According to the pictures you're having fun and doing lots of amazing work. Idaho is really great, I'll write you an actual letter about everything though.

Have a great week!!

- Jari

Tiffany said...

Blake I would be more worried about that curly pube growing on your back than your tan lines.
love you and I promise I will write soon. I am just a big loser!

Anonymous said...

Dude, nice Tu-Pac bandana in the picture with all the kids you play soccer with. Represent!